Here is a brief update about my adventures the past couple days. On Tuesday, Claire, her mom and I went into Seoul again to explore. They took me to the Namdaemon Market, the largest market in Seoul - it was pouring rain at that point so I don't have any pictures of it. Then we went to Myeongdeong where there are tons of shops and Christmas lights - see pictures below.
| Myeongdeong |
| So far from home! |
| Couple tiles full of love notes - oh Korea. |
On Wednesday, it was raining again so we had a lazy day at home. Then in the evening, Claire and her mom took me to the tallest building in Incheon to see the major port and waterway in Incheon. We also stopped at this really psychedelic bridge over the river. Part of it is made of glass and you can see a long way down! That night was freezing though, so we didn't stay long.
Then we went out again for Korean BBQ. Mmmmm....
| Claire, my awesome friend who is hosting me! |
And afterwards...KAREOKE with Claire and her mom! I love Korean kareoke. So fun! Me and Claire enjoyed singing our favourite English songs and I enjoyed listening to Claire and her mom sing in Korean. What a blast! I pretty much lost my voice for the rest of the evening afterwards, though. Haha.
On Thursday, I had the privilege of connecting with an amazing lady, Linda Lee, and meeting her older sister and her family. I spent the night at their house and spent Friday with them as well. It was definitely too short of a visit. I will write another blog soon on my time with them, but suffice it to say, I had an amazingly wonderful time with them. I felt so blessed by their hospitality and warmth and openness - especially as it was my first time ever meeting them! It was also a fun cultural experience as well. It is crazy how small our world really is.
Then on Friday night, I met up again with Claire and met two of her friends - Kelly and Vanessa. We had dinner together and then went to a board game cafe. Why do we not have more of these in Canada!?! They are the funnest thing ever!
Today, Saturday, I am off to do a temple stay with Claire and Audrey. We are spending about 24 hours, including overnight, at a temple learning about what it is like to be a monk, essentially. Stay tuned for more on that!
I have gone through all your blogs now, and feel like I have taken the trip with you! You are my kind of girl Emily; sharing what you ate, where you shopped, and the cool city and famous sites. I can't get over how modern these Asian cities are. Makes me feel so hick :) Glad you are having so much fun. Reading your blogs takes me back to your student days at MCS. You always had a fun, easy way of expressing yourself. Hope the rest of the trip is just as wonderful
ReplyDeleteHaha I know, coming back to Williams Lake may be a bit of a shock. :) Thanks for following!
DeleteWhat games do they play at the cafe? Arlin
ReplyDeleteAll sorts Uncle. Anything from UNO to some Korean games to some German strategy games.
Delete